Our local church history actually began in Toledo, Oregon. The Church of the Nazarene was started there in 1938, but after about six years, found that the best chance for growth was to relocate the small congregation to Newport. The congregation started holding services in Newport, and on June 7, 1945 the Newport Church of the Nazarene was officially organized with six adults and five children by District Superintendent E.E. Martin. Newport Nazarene built their first building in 1947 (currently the Eagles building on Hwy 20).

The Newport Church of the Nazarene has had 13 pastors since its conception. Pastor Andy Albright is our current pastor. This congregation has always had very strong family values and it is not uncommon to have three and four generations of the same family worshiping together on Sunday morning. Family is a huge part of what this faith community is all about.

God gave the church a vision to build a facility that would seat nearly 800. It was a huge leap of faith and work began in 1960 with plans for three building phases. It was built with thousands of man hours donated by the men and women of this local church. God has been faithful. The current building was completed in 1979.

The Newport Church of the Nazarene has always been a very Mission minded church. We feel it is a privilege to contribute to world wide missions as well as enjoy personally getting involved by sending teams all over the world to build for His kingdom.

In recent days we have made a real commitment to do everything we can to reach the next generation for Christ. We have a full time Youth Pastor and busy Children’s Department. We are building again, an annex/community building, with a vison to better serve the community and youth as God sees fit. Our goal is to build it debt free for His kingdom use.

Our mission is: To be a beacon of hope to the central coast of Oregon and beyond! With God’s help that is exactly what we intend to do. Now that you know us better we hope you will plan to visit us soon and become a part of our growing congregation.

SiteLock